Cory Hicks was born in Guymon, Oklahoma and grew up on a nearby farm. He attended Straight Elementary School and graduated from Guymon High School. He received his college degrees from Oklahoma Baptist University and law degree from the University of Oklahoma. During law school Cory was a member of Phi Delta Phi, Oklahoma Law Review, and the ATLA National Student Trial Team.
In 2003, Cory Hicks moved back to this area to practice law with Larry Field. Larry and Cory practiced together on 12th Street in Guymon until late 2005, when Larry retired. Since 2006, Cory has practiced on his own, and in 2008 the office moved to its current location on 5th Street in Guymon. Cory practices primarily in the areas of probate and trust administration, estate planning, real estate, business law, and litigation (helping people who have been injured or wronged – in areas such as fraud, personal injury, property injury, wrongful death, and insurance bad faith). Cory has been named a “Rising Star” in Oklahoma by Super Lawyers magazine and has been voted Best Attorney and Best Law Office numerous times by Guymon Daily Herald readers. He has been published in Oklahoma Law Review and Oklahoma Bar Journal.
Cory has been an adjunct professor of Business Law at Oklahoma Panhandle State University, he has served on the Board of Directors of the Guymon Chamber of Commerce, including a two-year term as President, and he is currently involved as a Guymon Ambassador, in addition to several other ares of community involvement.
In 2005 Cory Hicks married Julie (Williams) Hicks, who works as a nurse in Guymon. Cory and Julie were blessed with their first child Hank in 2010, their second son Rhett in 2012, and their third son Nash in 2015. In his spare time Cory enjoys spending time with family and friends, guitar, music, sports, investing, and reading.
More information about Cory Hicks or The Law Offices of Field & Hicks:
- Martindale Hubbell listing
- Lawyers.com listing
- Oklahoma Legal Directory (“the blue book”) listing
- Named a “Rising Star” in Oklahoma by Super Lawyers magazine
- Voted Best Law Office in Texas County by Guymon Daily Herald Readers, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Cory Hicks, Voted Best Attorney in Texas County by Guymon Daily Herald Readers, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Read Cory’s Published Oklahoma Bar Journal Article
- Read Cory’s Published Law Review Article
- Cory presents at National Business Institute “Oklahoma Title Law” seminar in Oklahoma City, December 2012 (see details)
- Cory presents at National Business Institute “Title Search and Examination Fundamentals” seminar in Oklahoma City, December 2013
- Cory presents at National Business Institute “Title Law From Start to Finish” seminar in Oklahoma City, December 2014
- Cory selected for and graduates from Oklahoma Bar Association Leadership Academy (read newspaper article)
- In 2004, Cory chaired Texas County Bar Association Law Day Committee which won Oklahoma Bar Association award for Best Law Day (see award)
- History of the Law Office (by Larry Field)