30th Nov 2021

Check out the new Cory Hicks Attorney at Law team uniforms. They are looking sharp. They are even Guymon Tiger orange and black! The team this time around is a group of young hoopsters. I know they have been practicing … more

13th Aug 2021

It’s a pleasure being part of the Guymon Ambassadors, a group that works to promote business and quality of life in the area. The Ambassadors have been busy lately, and below are a couple of updates and pics. (I did … more

9th Jul 2021

Last night the t-ball team my office sponsored won third place. Congratulations boys! I have been at almost all the practices and games, and all the kids made tremendous progress through the year. And had a lot of fun doing … more

2nd Nov 2020

State Questions in Oklahoma are often hard. Hard to read in a ballot box. And often addressing hard problems. I am no expert. But I often get asked about them. Here is a bit of history I thought was interesting … more

23rd Oct 2020

Construction continues in Guymon on the new Anchor D bank facility. A couple of pics are below. Most familiar with the area will recognize this as the old Yesterdays restaurant location. It is always good to see business activity in … more

26th May 2020

Just wanted to update a few points since the last blog post on COVID-19 issues in the Guymon / Texas County area: -The Texas County Courthouse remains closed. Click here for a list of numbers where you can reach the … more

8th May 2020

This week, the Oklahoma Department of Health and Oklahoma Emergency Management declared Texas County, Oklahoma a “Hot Spot” for COVID-19. Just today, 35 new cases bring the reported total to 343. This puts Texas County fourth in the state behind … more

18th Dec 2019

My family caught The Nativity at the Guymon Community Theater last Friday evening. A few pictures are below. This was an original play written by local artist Noah Golaboff. It was a humorous “behind the scenes” look at a community … more

9th Dec 2019

Below are a few pictures of last Friday’s events in downtown and a follow up to my prior post.

5th Dec 2019

This coming Friday evening, December 6, 2019, downtown Guymon will be bustling with Christmas activity. There will be something for everyone including: -Lighting of the Courthouse and Courthouse Tree at 5:45; -Santa arriving by Apollo Helicopter at 5:30; -Local business … more